Friday, February 17, 2006

save the seals

so hey, the easter seals date auction wasn't so bad after all. my dude is the right age (36-ish) and really rich. here's a picture of us:















ok. that's not really us. i don't have anything that i can show you yet. what else...i love my buddies that made it out to support the event (sarah, steph, meg, sharda, jace) - it meant so much to me that you were there, especially since steph won the cruise and is totally taking me to the bahamas. thanx sal. you're the best! my parents went too and i guess jace had to keep big don from interjecting herself into my mingling situations with the single boys. how neat and fun would that have been for these poor fellas, being exposed to her so quickly. she introduced herself to the guy that won me right as she got there, which is strange since i hadn't even met him yet. and of course, she thinks he's too old for me. crazy, crazy big don.

the men were few and far between. obviously there would be more girls in attendance because we're more willing to go to stuff and be open about our singles status. the guys were all over me and the reccuring theme was that i was one of the two hotties up for bid - and you know what, i can't get tired of hearing that. obviously the silver foxes took an instant liking to me but i had prepared myself for that so i was constantly rolling myself out of the coversation. plus, it's really not gonna work out if i'm taller than the guy. sorry. it just can't.

now here's the thing that i wasn't pleased to learn; this was a date raffle, not an auction as previously stated. they led me to believe that i would be auctioned off. instead, i literally had to weather the luck of the draw, which like i said, wasn't so bad. dave's kinda cute, appears to be wealthy (i mean, he did whip out his wallet so i could conveniently see his 100s), thinks i'm fan, and is in the right age window as i like 'em a little older. luckily i can say that i spoke to pretty much every guy i wanted to chat with except for 2. i just didn't get time since i was so popular... they were both nerdy-glasses types. one looked really young and the other looked 40 so i'm not losing any sleep over this.

all in all it was a nice little evening that i'm glad is finally over. i will *think* about participating next year. i mean, that's like 365 days away and i'm not one to commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment