Monday, July 10, 2006

as busy as a one-armed paper hanger

that was me on saturday night. busy. i had a small party at my mansion and it turned out to be an extremely lovely evening - very quiet, very tame, and i know my neighbors with small children didn't mind the singing of 20 'in-eebs' at 1am. now this singing part, i can't substantiate it. my next door guy (who so kindly lent us wood for my firepit) mentioned that the people behind us said they liked the song we were singing at 1am. i don't remember this taking place so i can't believe it's true.

more than a few people tried to discourage me from burning my firepit on the dry lawn in the middle of july. we had a need for fire and pits so what could we do? obviously, the patio has not yet arrived and i'll just say that i'm more than frustrated with the cement guys in the area who won't come pour it and/or return my calls. (actually, a good side bar for ya - the patio guy just called to say that's gonna be another 2 weeks...i don't believe a word he says but he's all i've got. i don't really understand why, but cement guys must not need any more business at this point in time.) the party was to celebrate my new patio but since there wasn't one, we had a party anyway and it was a good one, my friends - one for the history books. the moon was out. it had an orange tint. good buddies were there. GOOD alcohol was there. it was a beautiful summer night and i couldn't have asked for more (well, ok. i could. i could have used a patio but that's neither here nor there.)

i don't remember too many highlights because i guess i was pretty drunk. i remember the night fondly, but i don't have a lot of details. i do know this; more than a few people had to spend the night and that's always a good sign. i remember telling the guests that i had locked the windows and doors really tight so no one would come in and steal them. see that, i care about people. deeply.

there will be another party as soon as the patio shows up... and probably one before that as well. i still have way too much of the hard stuff in my refrigerator. oh, and to whoever drank my 'prop' wine that sits on kitchen counter beside the oven - i am so sorry. i opened that bottle of zinfandel in like february and didn't end up finishing it. i really liked the label though because it coordinates with my kitchen's theme and colors, so i left it as a prop. i have to imagine you were too drunk to know that it tasted like sour ass, but my apologies nonetheless.

stay tuned for patio party, the sequel. or, let me know when you people wanna come over again because there's seriously an unreal quantity of beer, margaritas, daquiris, wine, and 1 mike's light hard lemonade being very aimless at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment