Wednesday, March 19, 2008

oh, silly IT guys

when I.T. guys refer to their respective teams as "the dark side", i just laugh to myself because there's no IT dark side. if we were living in the show "charmed", there would obviously be a dark side and we would obviously be the power of three fighting it. but much to my dismay, we're not. man i wish we were living in that show though. seriously. so anyway, IT teams aren't dark. if by dark you mean, lazy and difficult, then by all means. "dark" it is.

with IT, it's funny to me because a lot of these people actually believe their team is somehow dark or perhaps cool and that's why they say dark because it would completely negate the cool if they labeled it as such. most people can't say that they think they're cool and get away with it. (some people can. if you're them, call me. we should hang.) whenever i hear someone referencing this "dark" team, i liken it to two people mildly debating something really inconsequential. take bagels for example - if i start talking to you about the different types of bagels and we realize that you always go for whole grain ones and i always go for poppyseed ones, but then one day we're having bagels and you decide to discard your whole grain routine and hard left into a poppyseed one... whoa! welcome to the dark side, my friend!

i think that's precisely what i would say. and believe to be true. because bagels are a dark subject. and by dark, i don't think i mean cool. bagels aren't really that cool when you think about it. they're just yet another thing for us to warm and rub salted butter all over. wait. hold on a second here. why did you just let me take this there. geez. if i have to police myself, obviously the police will end up in my kitchen, drunk, perhaps high, rocking a pair of giant black wrap-around britney sunglasses, dancing to melissa manchester's greatest hits in ways they wouldn't want captured on photo and posted somewhere very, very public.

2 comments:

  1. I'm cool. I can get away with saying it. We should hang. You going to be around this weekend? Call me. -Steph

    ReplyDelete