Sunday, July 8, 2007

smooth operator

there is 1 reasons for my coolness as of late. yes, yes. you are correct - i was always cool and always very operatively smooth. however, i did 1 extra cool things in the last 3 days, which i will share with you momentarily.

but first, i would like to take this time to speak about DDR, aka 'dance dance revolution'. i possess this treasure and wanted you to know that DDR extreme 2 is way easier than DDR max 2. DDR max 2 will kinda kick your butt. f. y. i. if you happen to be peeping into my kitchen like the peeper that you are, you will find me in there dancing like i have no tomorrow. it's ok. i want you to watch. keep doing it.

now for my coolness. i'm sharing this with everyone because i want it to take hold and gain in popularity so others may enjoy the fruits of this labor. it all went down friday afternoon at happy hour. i was with horface and special dark. chop, scott, and keith had just hit the road. we were chilling with our summer ales; sarah with her vodka cran, when i noticed a handsome young gent seated at the bar that was just across the aisle. he was totally my type so i couldn't stop sneaking stares. about 15 minutes later, his pal showed up - also totally my type. if you know my type, you're wondering why it's even my type. if you don't know my type, it's a skinny, light-haired, dude with glasses. he and i were catching a glimpse every few minutes and i think we made eye contact twice.

so the old staring competition went on for about 25 minutes when i decided that i was going to do something as my time at this bar was soon to end. after all, it's rare that i happen upon one of these specimens even once a year. this is when i let horface and special dark in on the fun. i disclosed my move; "the sbc slider" - sbc standing for "strategic business card". i was going to write my cell digits alongside a clever little message and pass it to said dude upon my exit route. horface and special dark approved and felt that my plan was surreal and usually only seen in movies. indeed. by a show of comments, who has ever done this or had it done to them?

the plan was thrown into action as we made our way out of the bar, me trailing in last position. he stirred a bit as it was clear that we were leaving. now for the magic: i kinda slid up to him, touched his arm, and slid my clever little message card into his bar space while i muttered "hey, here you go", and just continued out of the establishment without a second look or thought. seriously, how james bond is that.

well party people, mr. michael business card called danielle approximately 24 hours later. yeah he did. we're havin drinks this week. i recommend this tricky trick if you can't bear to leave the venue where the cute person is and not make sure they have your number. it was pretty liberating knowing that he had my digits and that was all i could do. i didn't have to wonder what could've happened because i knew he would call if he could. and if he couldn't, i did what i needed to do.

8 comments:

  1. You guys, I cannot tell you how effing rock star this move was. I mean I am a complete chickenshit so I was in total awe. Mufflet, you are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very, impressive. The most impressive part was the arm touch. He hasn't slept a wink since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Move! This is why you are awesome... you know he loves DDR as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Now THAT'S how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you do DDR. I'm so stupid addicted to it but don't talk about it too much cuz all off the fuckers out there who think it's dorky and proceed to make fun of me like I'm 14 again.

    Maybe it IS dorky but damn it I lost 20lbs the first couple of months that I had it so NAH. Do you have more than one pad so you can do it with friends??? I've got 3 and got my MOM into it for gods sake. Me my mom and my BF get together and do it sometimes and it's the shit.

    Of course I get all competitive and start hating them if they do better than me but whatever.

    Once again you are the Coolest Badass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh shit and OMFG that is SO insanely cool what you did to that guy. I can't wait to hear about how it goes.

    Ok so now I sound like a fan club member. But damn, that is cool and I'm not much for changing up adjectives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg, i have 2 dance pads that are top of the line. i played all this past weekend, nonstop. you are NOT a dork. ddr is cool.

    ReplyDelete