Tuesday, August 14, 2007

tuh-may-toe, ta-mah-toe

hey so, why am i the only one on the planet who loves tomatoes? like, i effing love them. i love roma, heirloom, yellow, grape, cherry, sun-dried, you name it, tomatoes. i am to the point of obsession where i could tell you the difference between them in a blind taste test - not that you would care or be able to determine if i was even right because you hate them so much. and you know what? they hate you. maybe quit growing them in your garden.

some people i know are obsessed with drinking water. i agree that this is a worthwhile cause and i partake as much as one can. i'm just saying, tomatoes. sure, they ooze and gush when you take a bite. that's all just part of the magic. we all know you've had way worse oozy things in your mouth.

my neighbor threw two at me yesterday for my burgers because he knows, nothing's better than premium burgers hot off the grill, draped in thin slices of succulent, red, coolness. seriously. what's wrong with you. they are both delicious and nutritious. hello. lycopene. where are you getting your lycopene. you probably aren't. good luck with that.

i would say more but you'll be dead soon from lycopene deficiency so i won't.

9 comments:

  1. Who the hell doesn't love toe-may-toes? In August? A burst of sunshine in your mouf.

    It appalls me when people remove them from their sammiches when they look so perfect... I had a work dinner at Pickwick & Frolic, and their salad was really nice with two cherry tomats that were amazing, and my boss dude left his on the plate. I really really wanted to grab those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tomatoes! I often make a "salad" with just cucumbers and tomatoes.

    Then of course there is salsa which satisfies my love of tomatoes and the love of all things spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tomato's nick name is the "wolf peach". Couldn't have said it better myself.

    After ordering a JBC from the Wendy's drive through, I let them stick a tomato on it. This way I can get the car up to 60, roll down the window, and chuck it...one less tomato in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tomatoes! I didn't until about 6 years ago. What was wrong with previous me? They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is useless to me. Tomatoes can EAC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't discover my love for tomatoes until just a couple of years ago. Boy was I missing out!

    I'm with russ - when I see someone wasting perfectly good tomatoes, I just want to stab that sucker with my fork. And by sucker, I mean the tomato. Or maybe I mean the loser who left it on the plate. Works for me either way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honest to God I just popped 3 yellow cherry tomatoes before clicking on your blog (from my moms garden omg aren't fresh the BEST???) so yeah that was a cool coinkidink.

    Anyways, my wonderful yet retarded Mexican hates them (freak) but it works out cuz I get all the tomatoes from his sandwiches and meals and stuff so I get double. Win some loose some.

    ReplyDelete